Spanish cooking classes
Why have cooking lessons in a Language School? I know, it’s a good question and the answer is that from I moved to Australia and I started to teach my language it’s so many of the students that I shared recipes and also, the food is an important part of the Culture of a country.
With this new course, I will share with you my love and passion for cooking and the recipes that I learn from my grandma (la abuela Lola), all these flavours are a treasure for me and I will be really glad to share this with you, in a relaxing atmosphere and with fresh food from the local markets,
Thinking of the most popular dishes, I prepare these courses for you:
In this course, I’ll show how to cook an authentic Paella with seafood (the most popular), chicken & chorizo, and of course, we can do a vegetarian version. Also, you’ll learn the secret of the sangria and how to prepare a fresh drink that everyone loves, especially on hot days.
In this course, I’ll show you to prepare sangria (perfect to share with these dishes) and a selection of the most popular Tapas in my country, like tortilla de patata (Spanish potato omelette), croquetas with chicken and Spanish ham, Galician tuna pastries, patatas braviolis (Fried potatoes with aioli and hot tomate sauce), prawns with garlic and much more.
Would you like to learn to cook churros with chocolate, tarta de Santiago (St James cake), or torrijas (very popular in Easter), or sweet rice pudding (arroz con leche).
* All the courses run around 4 hours and after finish we’ll enjoy together what we cook and includes recipes to take home and share with your loved ones.
* Bookings are essential and the number of students per course it’s min. 2, max. 5.
* If you have any kind of dietary requirements, let me know when you book for the course.
* The course must be fully paid prior to the commencement of the class.
* No refunds will be given for courses not attended.
* If you need to cancel, 2 days before of the course will be a 100% refund.
* MPLCS reserves the right to cancel, postpone and reschedule classes as a result of external circumstances, including insufficient enrolments.
I attended one of Diana’s Spanish cooking classes earlier this year. There were five of us in the class and as well as learning some delicious recipes, we had a lot of fun. We gathered around in Diana’s kitchen while she prepared, explained and cooked some wonderful and uncomplicated Spanish dishes. We all helped out with the preparation and cooking, there was lots of conversation and laughter, and we went home with some lovely recipes to try out at home. After everything had been prepared and cooked, we sat down to lunch with a bottle of homemade Sangria.
As well as being a very experienced and imaginative cook Diana has an infectious and bubbly personality which made our time with her a really enjoyable experience.
Such a fun class, I learnt so much, the food was amazing. One of the best cookery classes I have ever done. Diana is a natural and her passion for her food and laughter makes the class even more enjoyable.